The Green Season has arrived in Boquete!
Hooray! The gardens are flourishing. The wild plants are soaking up the much needed moisture. The hens are laying again. The pond is overflowing and ready for fish.
It's was a very busy Dry Season here at Finca Luz, in Boquete, Panama.
- Many visitors came to walk the Medicine Way Trail and learn firsthand about medicinal plant identification, properties and uses.
- Guests from the US, Canada, Panama and Europe stayed in Cabana Mariposa Azul and raved about their time on the finca.
- We had our first intern, Mindy Blank, working with us for 6 weeks—we hated to see her go, but know that her adventures in Peru will be marvelous and she will return to us. While here, she started hundreds of seedlings, supervised building new garden beds, learned about medicine plants, learned about making tinctures & creams, assisted with tours, bathed the dog, and learned about running a business by shadowing us as we ran around doing errands. Mindy the Marvelous--we miss you!
- Our first Mountain Yoga Retreat was a resounding success, with participants asking for more.
- Our clients continue to support and recommend Cloud Forest Botanicals' products, and our ability to keep pace with demand has been taxed, but we are managing. We are now able to ship small orders directly to the US.
So, now that The Green Season is upon us, what next?
Hours for The Medicine Way Trail have changed.
Tours are now offered on Monday and Wednesday MORNINGS, 9:30 AM.
Saturday tours can be arranged for groups of 6 or more.
Pickup in front of the Oasis Hotel in Boquete can be arranged—9:15 sharp.
The cost for the 2.5 hour visit is $30 per person. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g298424-Activities-Boquete_Chiriqui_Province.html
We will continue to serve our full late morning refreshments, featuring Boquete coffee, herbal lemonade, sandwiches, cheeses, and rhubarb and banana cakes.
For Panama residents who have already taken the tour, if you bring two guests, you can visit again free.
Mountain Yoga Retreat #2
April 14, 9 AM – 4 PM.
A day of rejuvenation for body, mind & spirit. Schedule:
- Opening Sun Salutations and asanas -- appropriate for all levels
- Yoga as metaphor, meditation, pranayama breathing
- The Medicine Way Trail—explore the bioenergetics of healing plants, learn about traditional lore
- Luncheon Menu:
Arugula & mango salad
Israeli couscous with roasted vegetables
Guayabana & basil sorbet.
- Guided visualization and journaling.
- Quiet processing
- Afternoon tea with homemade fruit breads and jams
- Closing meditation
Cost is $75.00 and must be pre-paid. There are only 4 spaces left in this workshop. Contact Elizabeth Worley (6636-8663) for more information – or stop by the Cloud Forest Botanical table at the Tuesday Morning Market.
The 2nd Annual Volcan Verde Integral Festival, April 27-28
Last year's event was a smashing success, with vendors from all over Panama selling organic produce, handcrafts, jewelry, art work and services. Demonstrations on healthy growing, cooking and eating. LOTS of information about health. The Cloud Forest Queens will be there again—we made great friends and new clients last year, and hope to see them and meet new ones this year. Come over for the day—it's an easy drive on the beautiful, new Ruta Sur. Check them out on Facebook through the link above.
So, that's it for April. Now we start planning for May and...our first destination wedding at Finca Luz in June!
For information about bookings, workshops, consultations, volunteer opportunities, contact here:
-- or call, 011-507-6636-8663 / 6527-5584